A bathroom makeover is among some of the best ways of upgrading your home in terms of interior design. Before you start coming up with a plan on how you will begin to recreate the bathroom of your dreams, you need to have some ideas on what exactly you will do to your bathroom to give it a facelift. There are many great stylish trends you can implement in your bathroom as well as factors to consider when renovating and steps you might need to take.
- Come up with a clear bathroom makeover design
Before you start doing the bathroom remodeling yourself, you should have a clear sense of which designs fit your vision and what you truly desire to include in your dream bathroom. When coming up with a new bathroom design, you can consider a few factors such as:
- Color scheme: It can be useful to go with your favorite colors but also take some time to decide on a suitable bathroom colour palette.
- New fixtures: Do you wish to install a new sink or a new shower tub? Consider which fixtures you might want and how they might look with the rest of the bathroom design.
- Location of utilities: Ensure you have the correct measurements for all the utilities you want to install in your bathroom.
- Storage space: You’re going to want space for your toiletries and towels, so perhaps consider where you will fit bathroom cabinets or shelves.
Photo by Victoria Borodinova from Pexels
- Get rid of outdated bathroom fixtures
If you are completely renovating your bathroom, you probably want to update any fixtures you have for new ones. There is a lot of stylish bathroom inspiration online that can provide useful ideas for your project, such as websites like Pinterest. If you have always wanted a bathtub or a shower, now could be the time to assess your bathroom space and see if you have room for something new. Wetrooms are often popular bathroom features to use in modern bathrooms as well as twin basins and large vanity mirrors.
- Lay down new wall & floor tiles
Doing a bathroom makeover will not be complete if you don’t install some stylish new tiles. Often homeowners might find that their current tiles are not to their tastes anymore and want to change the style and colour of them. Tile specialists such as Tile Experience provide a range of tiles from large wall tiles to mosaic tiles that can help transform a bathroom space.
- Update your bathroom colour scheme
Some of the most popular colours that are used in bathroom designs are blue and white. But you can also experiment and search for new and exciting colours to use too. Each year, Pantone announces their Pantone Colour of the Year and there’s always some creative inspiration that you can gain from their past colours too. While you might not want to use paint in your bathroom, you can take inspiration from some of their popular shades to use for your tiles, towels and bathmats. Pantone’s calming Cerulean and neutral Sand Dollar, are just some shades that would look fabulous in a bathroom. Maybe you could even try a stronger and bolder look with some stylish black bathroom design trends too?
Factors to consider while renovating your bathroom
There are also a few things that might want to keep in mind when deciding to renovate your bathroom:
- What’s your daily routine like? Your new bathroom layout should reflect how your daily routine looks and help make morning and night bathroom routines easy for you.
- What is your budget? It’s good to have a budget to stick to that will help you come up with a renovation plan and help you to avoid spending too much.
- How much storage space do you need? Be sure of the amount of space you require so that you can incorporate everything you need into your new bathroom. You don’t want to finish your project and not have enough space left for your toiletries and towels.
- What don’t you like about your current bathroom? Know what you don’t like about your current bathroom so that it is not repeated. If you don’t really like the colour green in your tiles, don’t just settle for new ones in the different shade. Browse online and find out what appeals to you more.
Popular bathroom trends
With the rising trend of the ‘spathroom’, that doesn’t seem to be declining any time soon, there are many ways that you can create a luxurious spa-like bathroom in your own home. Decorating with bathroom plants and stylish bathroom spotlights can help to create a calming zen atmosphere.
- Freestanding sinks and bathtubs are becoming more popular to help add more space to your bathroom.
- Installing large vanity mirrors are on trend too and are perfect for vanity areas and helping to make small bathrooms appear bigger.
- Creating bathroom accent walls is a unique way to personalise your bathroom to your personal style. Mosaic tile accent walls where your mirror or shower is can really create an eye-catching, stand out look.
- Use bold colours and don’t always stay safe with ‘traditional’ bathroom colours. Experiment with vibrant colours for a bold striking bathroom design.
Cover by Victoria Borodinova from Pexels