When we’re talking about home decor, we’re always talking like it’s a popularity contest. That’s what happens to different trends that fade away and others that have the potential to make a huge comeback or last more. Here is a trend forecast of 6 trends that will be less popular in 2021 and 6 that will grow in popularity:
1. Out: Shiplap looking mirrors – The mirrors that look like a shiplap (the exterior of a ship) and painted in white or beige, having that shabby chic twist to them are going to be out in 2021.
Try: A cool and modern mirror with a black frame : If you’re looking for a similar mirror to add on top of a cabinet or a fireplace, choose one with a black frame that will bring a modern vibe to your modern home.
2. Out: Matching furniture sets – This is a trend that’s long gone and should be really gone in 2021. The new home decor trends are all about creativity and matching different furniture pieces in making the perfect & stylish mix.
Try: A nature inspired materials mix – Rattan, raffia and other woven elements. These woven furniture and decor pieces blend in well together making a calm looking interior that’s great for all seasons.
3. Out: Accent walls: Looking too distracting, easy to get bored with or even childish, accent walls are going to slowly be OUT in 2021, making room for monochromatic interiors.
Try: Easy to take off wallpaper: Wallpaper is back with tons of prints you can choose from. From tropical to retro looking wallpaper, this hack is easy to apply and to take off in your home.
4. Out: All white interiors: It’s finally the end of all white interiors that are also super minimal. The New Year will be more about colors and creating a creative mix by using them.
Try: Industrial interiors: By mixing a modern and a traditional design, the Industrial style that’s always super popular will make a huge comeback in 2021. It’s a great design for a home and working space and people will prefer this design while spending a lot of time at home.
5. Out: Synthetic fabrics: Bye bye synthetic fabrics such as polyester, nylon, and rayon while recycled textiles will be huge in the New Year.
Try: Natural fabrics: Sustainable fabrics are gaining more and more popularity. They are eco friendly and great for the skin.
6. Out: Gray cabinets: Kitchens with gray cabinets are to dull for 2021, they lack boldness and creativity, so go for a more colorful and styled options.
Try: Green cabinets: It’s a bold option that is super creative. It’s warm, cozy, deep and really pops out in a home. Also, it’s easy to match with any kind of materials and colors.