This Toronto loft has all you want from a small space, living room with seating area & office, open kitchen and even a mini bar, how can you not love a home with a mini bar, really now… well, you know, a martini is always welcomed.
Besides my love for mini bars the exposed brick walls swoon me completely, and what to you say about the staircase used as bookcase?
Tips and tricks for small spaces from designer Erin Feasby
- Do focus attention away from the size by highlighting a home’s best feature; here, custom drapery shows off the loft’s outstanding windows.
- Do be brave and customize the space to your needs. For example, Erin nixed the master ensuite in favour of a walk-in closet equipped with washer and dryer. Brilliant!
- Don’t over furnish. Go for quality pieces that suit the space, but don’t relegate yourself to apartment-size everything — mix it up.
- Do consider the visual bulk of furnishings. Transparent pieces, like a glass coffee table, are great because they can virtually disappear.
- Don’t equate uncluttered with boring. Add personality by choosing bold accessories, like patterned cushions.