Feeling the need of more space? Well, it’s all about the illusion of space and some easy to follow rules. So, here are ten dreamy and easy ideas on how to make a studio apartment look bigger:
1. Choose high storage solutions – Even if you will need a ladder to take these items back, take advantage of any space your home has to offer – high spots or the ceiling. This works especially for clothes or books, or any other item you don’t need on a daily or regular basis. This storage solution will definitely make an apartment seem bigger.
2. Add cabinets above your bed – If you have a tiny bedroom this is a great storing solution. You can just replace the idea of having a painting with having a nice bookcase with your accessories mixed with adorable deco items or cabinets where you can store a part of your clothes. A cabinet in the same color of your wall will instantly make the space seem bigger.
3. Choose furniture with double function – This will mean less furniture and more space. This season think about furniture with a double purpose, it’s super practical and saves space. It can mean an ottoman that serves as a coffee table or benches that serve as storing solution and are also good for a sitting area, just get creative!
4. Color coordinate everything – Color coding helps you be organized and also have a space that look super pretty. Also, having the same color in one spot gives the illusion of more space, so try it for your deco elements, accessories or even for your kitchen goods.
5. Hang a lot of mirrors – Mirrors also increase a space, creating a great illusion. They also look dreamy and you can mix and match them in any way you want. These season golden and statement mirror are a must!
6. Choose wall dividers – These cool hacks – like bookcases or shelves are great storage solutions but can also divide a one room apartment into multiple rooms. Try them!
7. Pick long curtains – Your curtains have to hang high from the ceiling until the floor to increase the space. Also, they serve as a great room divider, so choose a lot of them for your dreamy home.
8. Pick large furniture – It may seem ironic but large furniture really makes a spece look bigger. So instead of more chairs or armchairs choose a big sofa.
9. Add floating shelves – Floating shelves really increase a space, making the walls seem bigger. Also, they are great storing solutions because they can be added anywhere, so pick them for your dreamy home.
10. Choose white for your walls – White is the perfect option to make a home look big, is also pretty versatile and really brights up a space.